Face-to-face FLAWLESS experience with Luis Soto, Laura Mercier Global Makeup Artist

Thanks to Laura Mercier Malaysia & The Lilac Box, I had a chance to experience a one to one makeover workshop session with Mr. Luis Soto, Laura Mercier Global Makeup Artist who flew from New York last month.
Laura Mercier Pavillion KL
I was quite nervous before meeting Luis & MayHow for the first time that day, but Luis is really a gentleman and down to earth, I felt relieved just when he started to show me the magic of Laura Mercier products and techniques.
Luis emphasized the importance of Laura Mercier’s 4 simple steps to create flawless and timeless face.
It’s important to have good skin as a base for any makeup, hence my skin was prep with Laura Mercier’s skincare - cleansing oil and foaming cleanser, perfecting water, vitamin serum and tone perfecting crème.
And then, Luis started to apply primer onto my skin. He chosen foundation primer oil free for me because I have combination skin, and since I’m existing user of tinted moisturizer so he wanted to show me something different. 
And then, apply crème smooth KDH foundation in warm ivory all over my face, it’s best to start from the bottom of the cheek area and blend towards to the center of the face.
Luis then camouflage my face using secret camouflage in tone no 3, and use the secret concealer in no. 2 to conceal my under eye. Secret Camouflage is non-scented and works well on fragile skin. Blend the two shades and apply with a brush, you can use the side of the brush to apply on the tiny area like the bridge of nose.
Secret brightener in no. 1 was then applied to my under eye before fixing up the makeup with translucent loose setting powder with puff. Secret brightening powder for under eye to set up the eye concealer, then finish with secret brightener to touch up for more coverage.
Luis said that we might not need to apply all these steps in every makeup but it’s important to follow these steps to get the flawless and timeless skin if we are going for important events and dates.
I really like Laura Mercier’s approach to foundation which creates a flawless look but still natural.
Next, Luis chosen Laura Mercier’s latest festive holiday collection Wrap Up Your Flawless to complete my look with eye colors, blush, as well as lip colours.
First, apply Flax eye base all over the eye area. Then use vanilla nuts in the eye palette to apply all over the eye lids, then apply African violet at the corner of the eye, follow by Kir royal at the bottom of the eye corner, and lastly apply violet ink at the side of eye corner.
After the eye colors are done, Luis defined my eyes with tightline eye liner in black ebony. Tightline eye liner is an easy-to-use, cake eye liner that delivers long-lasting colour payoff that doesn’t fade throughout the day for flawlessly defined eyes. Drop a tightline activator to the liner, and applied with Laura's artistic technique using the Flat Eye Liner Brush begin underneath the root of the upper lash line and wiggle the brush between individual lashes.
Lastly, Luis applied the lilac color from the limited edition chest of luxe bonbons that gives eyes a playful mix of colour. From matte to demi-matte, shimmer to high-shimmer, it’s the ultimate hand selected indulgence.This  30 baked eye colours palette can be used wet (for more intense colour payoff) or dry (for a sheer wash of colour. This limited edition palette is available at Laura Mercier Pavilion KL and Bangsar Village II at RM790.
My mascara was coated with Long wear and noir mascara faus lash after that.
Luis applied a small amount of heather pink blushers to my cheek area before using the baked radiance 03 bronzer on all over my face and ear for healthy and glowing look. My face contour finished with highlight with highlighter 01.
Eyebrows bring harmony to the face. To draw and fill in after chemotherapy, try this technique. Use Ash Blonde Brow pencil to create a natural-looking shape. Using a soft touch, draw in the lines to create an illusion of hair, and fill in with Deep Blonde brow powder duo.
Luis compliments that I have a full lips hence I just need to line my lips by Praline Lip liner, apply coy lip color and bare beige lip glaze to further enhance my lips.
Tada, my makeover is done. Do I look like a timeless classic beauty? Definitely! I really love Luis’ techniques and Laura Mercier’s products.
Laura Mercier has launched the “Wrap Up Your Flawless” limited holiday sets for this festive season.
I especially love the luxe travel brush collection where sleek, chic, clutch filled with essential brushes for the flawless face retail at RM 475.
Oh wait, they also have some very sweet body and bath collections in store too. My personal choices would be Fresh Fig and Crème Brulee.
For more information of Laura Mercier Malaysia, please visit https://www.facebook.com/lauramercier.msia

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...